Subject: Complicated "mobius"-like object with 27
From: Kent Lidke <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 14:35:15 -0700

I guess I'm missing something here.

 Why won't rail extrude work?  I just tried it, took 5 minutes, worked fine.

 1.  Make square, centered on an axis.

 2.  Select 2 points on opposite corners, copy and paste in new layer.

 3.  Select the 2 points, clone them with appropriate offsets.  (I used a 1m
square, 20 clones with 1 m offset.

 4.  Connect points to make 2 rails.

 5.  Use Twist to twist them 270 degrees.

 6.  Select the layer with the square in foreground, Rails in background.  Do
rail extrude, Uniform lengths, 20 segments.  Now you have a long rectangular
solid with a 270 degree twist.

 7.  Bend the thing 360 degrees, merge points.

 Done.  (Well, I guess you'd have to copy it twice and offset the copies
properly for the celtic know thing, but you get the idea.)

 Or have I missed the whole point?

  E-mail from: Kent S. Lidke, 08-Apr-1996